We want to reassure our clients that we are doing everything we can to protect both you and us at our clinic premises during the Covid-19 pandemic. The situation changes daily and we continue to follow the updated advice that we are given via The General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) and The Institute of Osteopathy (iO) who in turn are advised by the government and the WHO (World Health Organisation).
We always take hygiene seriously in our clinics but at this unprecedented time we wanted to reassure you of the extra measures that we are taking to limit the spread of the virus, to the best of our ability.
- Wearing PPE to protect our patients and ourselves.
- Asking all visitors to sanitize their hands with the hand sanitizer provided in the hallway before entering the clinics. We may check your temperature upon arrival and provide you with a mask.
- Using sanitizing wipes on intercoms, door handles, seating, hard surfaces, phones, card machines etc. between patients.
- Using sanitizing wipes on couches and protective pillow cases between patients.
- Aerating the treatment room between patients
- We ask that patients who normally need to undress for treatment and tend to feel the cold or prefer to be covered, wear lightweight clothing e.g. vests, shorts, leggings during treatment as we will not be providing blankets or gowns at this time.
- If you are bringing a child for treatment please provide your own toys/books for entertainment.
- We will require you to fill in a consent form to state that you understand the increased risks of attending for an appointment during this pandemic.
We ask in addition to this that you:
- Arrive on time and not early to avoid contact with other patients and bring only essential items
- Ensure your own cleanliness and hygiene measures are at their highest whilst visiting the clinic
- If you prefer to wear a mask in public then please wear your own during your visit
- Cancel your appointment if you are showing any signs of a high temperature, dry cough, shortness of breath or flu like symptoms or if anyone you live or work with has these symptoms. You will need to complete at least 14 days of self isolation before re booking.
- Cancel your appointment if you have recently returned to the UK i.e. in the last 7 days. Do not re book until you have been home for at least 14 days and show no symptoms.
- Cancel your appointment if you are in the high risk group due to an underlying medical condition or because of medication that you are taking (e.g. immune suppressants).
- Please notify us if you become unwell with symptoms of Covid-19 within 7 days of attending your appointment at the clinic.
We are currently available for telephone or video consultations. For appointments please call us.
We look forward to continuing to provide our best service to you and are grateful for your support.
Dawn Hamilton and David Hayward